Monday, November 26, 2012

Ferret Salt Dough Update!

The paw prints are finished, painted and drying, but I got pictures to show you all how they turned out! I'm very very pleased with them all. I used Martha Stewart paint because it was on sale and the colors seemed like they would give me the finish I wanted. Here are the ones I picked and hop below the jump to see how it turned out!


For Ponyo I chose that light blue, considering her namesake lives in the water I thought it fit. Ponyo herself loves to snorkel in shallow tubs of water. What I did was put somewhere on the print their name, the year and how old they are.


It looks much better in person, but since it's a pearl finish it was really hard to photograph this blue.


The blue on Squee's print? That's the same blue on Ponyo's. See what I mean? Ah well, it's so pretty in person! Since the boys had much bigger paws than the girls I had to do theirs a bit differently. 



I think it still came out alright though the "Coto" in "Vir Coto" is a little cramped. I wrote all of them with a toothpick dipped into the paint, so it wasn't exact, I think I did alright. And last but not least is "Bubba", Wiseman's ferret. Who, because I insisted that he couldn't go nameless anymore, got a name today! 


Yes, his name is Titan. For many reasons, not the least of which is the fact that this ferret is build like a MAC truck. Here they all are together!



I really enjoyed this project and looking at the ornaments all finished (and the relief on them is so much clearer now they they're painted!) I can't help but smile. I know I'll be happy to have these down the road, when they're just memories in our hearts. Wiseman told me I was being sappy today, but I don't mind. It's okay to be sappy if you love the ones you're with. The world could use more sappy people, don't you think?






2 comments: